Re: 7.0_RC1 slow boot

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 08:47:13PM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:
> I also tested 7.99.19, and it is just as slow to boot as 7.0_RC1, and
> vmstat numbers are pretty much the same.

See:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2015/06/01/msg009153.html

Alan, could you have a look?
Frank, can you file a PR please?

> In the not very scientific qemu boot time test -current kernel is also
> unfortunately slightly slower to boot 6.1.5 userland than 6.1.5 or 7.0
> kernel.

This would be interesting to analyze closer. Sparc is not in the set of
architectures that switches DIAGNOSTIC off on release branches and on
again in -current (AFAICT), so this must be something else.

Martin