Re: Getty login for console is displayed inside xconsole in xdm (NetBSD/i386 7.0_RC1 drmkms)

Adrian Christiansen writes:
- This makes me wonder if it is an issue with drmkms at all. So I'm
- thinking more that this is an issue with xdm or xconsole being setup
- wrong?, haven't changed any settings since installing.

xconsole(1) is functioning as designed.  It acquires the console
messages by telling the kernel that the pty it has opened is the
console.

Thus, getting attempts to run on it.

If you wish to have xconsole(1) capture the console messages,
but have getting running on the F1 tty, edit /etc/ttys to
disable the gettign running on console, and enable the one on
ttyE0.

Or you could use the terminals enabled on E1-E3 by default.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric%cirr.com@localhost		http://www.cirr.com
    "Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves."