Re: Booting from raid0g?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:09:57 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> If you want to have a fallback partition/kernel, I think you'll need a
> separate RAID set.

Or a separate fdisk partition, even. Why do I get the impression that
the whole i386 booting business is a festering pile of hacks?  ;)

> But, if this is really for rescue, you can also boot off cd, and that's
> easier than changing your layout.

Sure, if I can be around to do that. The idea in the background was to
set up a poor man's failover scheme, where the fallback machine would
run a different system until needed, so it can keep the copy of the
main system updated.

I am looking into CARP currently, maybe that offers an alternate path.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281