Re: py-usb problems

I never could get any of the various open source weather programs working with my Oregon Scientific WMR200A.  They never could find the station console on the USB.  If I remember correctly the problem was that it gets claimed by the driver that handles Human Interface Devices so it shows up as a UHID device, not a UGEN or USB device.  It looks like your station is doing the same thing.

I eventually gave up on the open source solution and wrote my own program to capture the data.  It wasn't easy since Oregon Scientific doesn't provide documentation on their protocol and it had to be reverse engineered.  It's still a work in progress but it has been running for a couple of years on my NetBSD system.  If anyone wants a copy of the code I can make it available.