Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

Hi,

Stephan wrote:
Hi!

Is there anyone still interested in bringing NetBSD to the desktop?
Why still? I use it as a desktop. I have it running on two laptops, sparcstations, mini-pcs, etc

I use for everything GNUstep applications (GWorkspace, GSPdf, Zipper, Ink, LaternaMagica... etc etc)

On one laptop I use for Mail and Web SeaMonkey, on the other one I use Firefox and Thunderbird.

I must say the Mozilla applications work absolutely fine, exactly as on Linux. No stability problems compared to Linux or other BSDs.

I am in the meanwhile trying to improve GNUMail and TalkSoup. Clearly, for the Browser it will be a long way.

To be true, not everything is so smooth compared to Windows or MacOS, I'm sorry to say that, but not inferior to other unix-like systems.

What are your problems?

Riccardo