Re: ldattach(8) alike util in NetBSD?

On Feb 16, 2015, at 16:08, Fredrik Pettai <pettai%nordu.net@localhost> wrote:

> I tried this, even on another NetBSD machine with the USB serial device
> attached, but ttyU0 immediately defaults back to 9600.
> I guess the USB serial port doesn’t act like an normal serial device, and
> is therefore regarded as closed and then return back to the defaults...

I'm not sure what you mean by a "normal serial device". The serial
device, whether it's USB or not, is regarded as closed when no process
has it open. So if no process has ttyU0 open, stty will open it, set
the baud rate, close it, and the baud rate will be back to 9600.

What are you trying to use the serial port for? The program that's
using the serial port should let you set the baud rate. E.g., if you're
using tip or cu, specify the baud rate there. If the port is to be
configured as a terminal that presents a login prompt, you can
configure the baud rate using /etc/ttys and /etc/gettytab.

INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 39 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++