Re: ldattach(8) alike util in NetBSD?

In article <CBA94F53-88B0-454D-950E-489E95899CBF%nordu.net@localhost>,
Fredrik Pettai  <pettai%nordu.net@localhost> wrote:
>On 09 Feb 2015, at 09:16 , Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:
>> Am 09.02.15 um 09:06 schrieb Fredrik Pettai:
>>
>>> OpenBSD has ldattach(8) for setting for instance baudrate on a serial
>device.
>>>
>http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man8/ldattach.8?query=ldattach&sec=8
>>>
>>> Is there a similar util in NetBSD ?
>>
>> slattach(8). You can set the baudrate using the -s option.
>>
>> See http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?slattach++NetBSD-current
>
>Hmmm, it doesn?t seem to work well?
>
>rpi# slattach (-l) -n -s 460800 /dev/ttyU0 (or ttyU1)
>slattach: TIOCSLINED: Device not configured

slattach is for slip (Serial Line IP, the precursor to ppp). I don't
understand why Marc said it would do what you want. Perhaps you don't
have slip configured in your kernel and that's the error about the line
discipline.

>dmesg says:
>
>uftdi0 at uhub1 port 2
>uftdi0: FTDI FT232R USB UART, rev 2.00/6.00, addr 4
>ucom0 at uftdi0 portno 1
>ucycomopen: unit=0
>ucycomopen: sc=0x0
>ucycomopen: unit=1
>ucycomopen: sc=0x0

What are you trying to do here? Use a serial line from a program
that does not understand how to set the baud rate?

christos