Re: pf add not working

On 02/13/15 14:43, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> This is topic is a little old so I will repeat my last message below.
> I am still seeing this issue and cannot understand why it seems to work
> sometime and not others.  Can anyone shed any light?  Here is what
> happened yesterday.
>
> At Feb 12 17:56:01 someone at 195.154.42.18 started trying to hack my
> phone switch.  At 17:56:02 that address was added to pf.  The attack
> continued until 18:19:09, over 23 minutes later with 9888 attempts.
>
> I just can't understand why pf didn't block this address.

   I'm having the "reverse" (in a sense) problem.  See
http://gnats.netbsd.org/48790.  I have miniupnpd set up to open up ports
for my PS3, but after having correctly set up the rules in pf (to allow
certain incoming UDP packets), pf will still blocks them.

   I wonder if these two issues are related?

   pf seems to be a little flaky..

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson