Re: ngroups

jmarin%embedtronics.fi@localhost (Jukka Marin) writes:

>We need to have more than 16 groups per user.  Is this possible?
>We are running old versions of NetBSD, but we can update if necessary.

Short answer: no.

You can try to change NGROUPS_MAX in sys/featuretest.h and rebuild
the system. It's a compile time constant in many places (not just
the kernel) which is also used for stack objects. So enlarging
it a bit might work, making it substantially larger probably causes
problems.

And it won't change the standard NFS limit of 16 groups.