Re: NetBSD 7.0 BETA ath0: device timeout

Hi Mayuresh,

On 15-Nov-2014 21:31:35, Mayuresh wrote:
Installed NetBSD 7.0_BETA (GENERIC.201411140020Z) i386 on an old laptop.
Trying to get the wifi card work. Get the following error continuously.

ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 1)

It's nothing specific to 7.0 BETA. I get the same on my ye-olde Toshiba Satellite laptop with a PCMCIA wifi card on NetBSD 6. However, my connection seems ok. I get odd drops that seem to be DNS related (because I'll still have an IP address, on occasions I'll lose that as well), but more often than not it'll reconnect itself. Difficult to track these things down as I live out in the sticks with a really dodgy phone line anyway so I've never 100% sure whether it's NetBSD, laptop hardware, the router, kids streaming movies, the phone line or my ISP.

I like the statement in the man page regarding this error message: "This should not happen" :-D

Also note: The interface ath0 gets created only if I boot with no acpi.
This is a separate problem in itself, not sure whether related to the
above problem.

Similar issue. I built my own kernel to disable the conflicting bits of hardware (Mine were audio and floppy disk).