Re: USB Wifi adapter

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM,  <jgw%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:
> I recently used an Realteck RTL8188SU based 802.11n adapter made by EDUP
> (model EP-MS150N) that had an external, detachable/replaceable antenna
> and nice range.  Uses the urtwn(4) driver.  Worked fine except that it
> didn't support HOST/AP mode.  Have not looked to replace it but if I do
> I'd look for another that uses the urtwn(4) driver, like the Realteck
> RTL8188CU.  If 802.11g is enough for you there are many more options.
> I've found this site to be useful for determining chipsets, etc:
>
> https://wikidevi.com/

Yeah, I want it to support hostap mode, so you already touched on part
of my requirement (which is why I asked for what driver supports it).

My plan is to make a pretty low power wifi router out of a NetBSD arm
device. The only bummer is I'm going to need an external switch as
well which nearly defeats the purpose, other than I'll be getting a
nice firewall setup in NetBSD. For wifi only connectivity, it would be
ideal I think.

Andy