Re: xentools42 compilation error

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 01:40:05PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 04:12:23PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > I have just updated xentools42 and face the following error:
>
> on which system ?

Sorry, I missed that. It was NetBSD 6.1 i386.

I checked xentools41 instead and that compiled fine.

I am able to boot NetBSD DOM0 now.

But during boot I face an error "cannot find root device" or something
like that.

If I enter the root device manually (sd0a in my case) the booting
proceeds.

I have two questions now:

1. After entering "boot device" it asks for dump device with default value
as sd0b.  What is the "dump device". Is it same as the swap device which
is sd0i on my system?

2. In boot.cfg I do not find a way to specify the root device. Where do I
need to specify it so that during booting it doesn't ask the above
question? (When I boot my non xen kernel, it never asks this question.)

TIA
Mayuresh.