Re: Apache stops listening

On Aug 15, 2014, at 9:00 AM, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> I really hope that someone can help me. I have been having a problem for at least 2 weeks and am unable to solve it. I keep getting errors when I go to datazap.net Connection reset by peer and this is what I found in the log:
> Connection reset by peer: AH00056: connect to listener on 0.0.0.0:80

I have no idea about the php errors, or if they're even relevant, but I've seen mention that this error is caused by not having appropriate "Listen" line(s) in your httpd.conf. You might want to check that and see if setting it fixes whatever your problem is. Otherwise, I think you're going to need to track down and explain a bit more about exactly what problem you're seeing, what requests are failing, does it fail repeatedly or only sporadically, etc...

It fails about every 20-30 minutes. With Apache listening on 0.0.0.0:80 apache would stop working all together. Everything all requests in the log would be Connection reset by peer. Restarting apache would fix the problem for about 20-30 minutes and then it would need to be restarted again. I changed it so that I put in the 4 IPs now I think I am only getting the failure every 20-30 minutes on one IP (the main IP for that webserver). Once again restarting apache seems to fix the problem for 20-30 minutes. I should also note that I am running NetBSD 5.2. I hope that someone has some ideas.

Thanks,
Al