Re: CUPS experts?

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 6:27 AM, Eric Schnoebelen <eric%cirr.com@localhost>
wrote:

> What happens when you try to send something directly to port
> 9100?

It looks like I forgot to mail the list directly when I helped Paul.

He got the printer working. It was a combination of missing CUPS
filters and the outdated IJS driver. Installing print/hpijs fixed
that.

> Have verified that the printer doesn't support either IPP or
> LPD directly?  If it supports either of those, I would recommend
> using those protocols over the TCP stream at port 9100.

For what its worth, the CUPS project in their documentation recommend
AppSocket/JetDirect (9100/TCP) over LPD and IPP. I too was somewhat
shocked to learn this.

Brandon Vincent