Re: Good supported wireless card for laptop

On 6/9/2014 3:04 AM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
On 9 June 2014 03:20, Jimmie Houchin <jlhouchin%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
My initial problem is that on install it seems that my wireless card seemed
to be recognized but did not work. It is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030.
It would not initialize. I attempted several installs and it never
succeeded. I have not found a driver or found support for this card.

Apparently support for Centrino Wireless-N 1030 was added in July
2013. Are you using a recent installer?

What does dmesg say about Centrino, Intel and iwn?

ifconfig iwn0  ???

Hello,

I am doing a fresh install now to go through the process.

This is an install with
ftp://iso.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/6.1.4/NetBSD-6.1.4-amd64.iso

dmesg says:

iwn0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x008a (rev. 0x34)
iwn0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 19
iwn0: MIMO 1T2R, BGN, address MY_MAC_ADDRESS
iwn0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 3Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
iwn0: llg rates: 1Mbps 3Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps

When attempting to configure menu I select the iwn0 option.

Network media type [autoselect]: (I just hit enter)
Perform DHCP autoconfiguration: YES (I hit enter)

It attempts to configure DHCP which fails.
I get the below errors.

iwn0: crystal calibration failed
iwn0: could not initialize hardware

After network configure failed.

ifconfig iwn0
iwn0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ssid=""
        powersave off
        address MY_MAC_ADDRESS
        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect
        status: no network

Hope this helps.

I will finish the install and hopefully we can get my wireless up and running.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with figuring this out.

Thanks.

Jimmie