Good supported wireless card for laptop

tldr;
What are some well supported wireless 802.11n or ac cards for laptops?
I have not been able to get NetBSD to successfully use my wireless card Intel 1030N.

Hello,

I am looking at trying NetBSD. I have never used NetBSD. I have been a Linux user for about 18 years or so. NetBSD philosophically is my favorite OS. I like the features.
http://netbsd.org/about/features.html
I like the license and the goals.

The primary reason I haven't used NetBSD to this point is practical. I have become reasonably capable with Linux. I have used a large number of distributions. But I am finding my experience seemingly, increasingly unstable. As I find myself spending more time researching and fixing. I have decided now is a good time to learn NetBSD.

Yes, I understand that my time learning and researching will not stop but will increase for a season with NetBSD. But I believe with what I believe is a better designed system, that it will be a fruitful change. I also feel it will be a good investment in the future.

I know NetBSD falls behind in some areas that many people require or find important. But I believe that it is making the right decisions in critical areas which poise it to be an increasingly viable alternative in the future. Hopefully I can learn enough to contribute somewhere. This is provided that I can get a system running with necessary software. I have no reasons to believe this isn't reasonable to accomplish.

My initial problem is that on install it seems that my wireless card seemed to be recognized but did not work. It is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030. It would not initialize. I attempted several installs and it never succeeded. I have not found a driver or found support for this card.

A FreeBSD install went ok. It recognized the card and got online just fine. I can learn and use FreeBSD, but I tremendously prefer NetBSD. I like the values of clean code and cross-platform. I don't currently use any but common platforms. But I value what is produced in such a design.

I do not currently have FreeBSD installed as it was not without issues. Wireless just wasn't one. So I decided to research my NetBSD options further before proceeding.

Is there support that I am not aware of for my wireless card? If so, where and how do I get it working. If not, then what are some well supported wireless 802.11n or ac cards for laptops?

Any help getting my laptop working would be greatly appreciated.
Laptop is a HP Pavilion M7, i7, 12gb ram, 1tb drive, Beats speakers.

Thanks.

Jimmie