Re: Cross-compiler (Michael van Elst) writes:

> However, it is possible to build packages natively and only defer the compiler
> to a faster machine. See
> for a tutorial.

I forgot about that page.   I now remember looking at it, and concluding
that I'd have to figure out how to set the PATH for ssh commands from
particular machines, because I don't use distccd listening in the
clear.   With ssh's ControlMaster feature, I find that leaving one ssh
open makes the multiple invocations from distcc go very fast.

Host *
    ControlMaster auto
    ControlPath ~/.ssh/master-%r@%h:%p

Probably I just need a shell script distcc in an early directory that
looks at the ssh variable that denotes the from host, and prepends the
right tooldir.