Pulseaudio, hal, udev, was: Firefox 26: occasional freeze with Youtube Webm videos

On 9 April 2014 19:00, Thomas Klausner <> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 05:04:59PM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>> All the above to no avail. The only way is a reboot of the machine.
> Have you tried killing pulseaudio instead?
> pulseaudio --kill
> pulseaudio --cleanup
> and then try again?
>  Thomas

It works, but only after also restarting Firefox.

Is there any chance to discover what causes this event? Any
configuration files that I could change?

Googling around, I got the impression this might have to do with
module-hal-detect being deprecated. Re: