Re: Issues with agr interface?

>> I just tried to use agr(4) for the first time on NetBSD, on a
>> host running NetBSD 1.6.3.  It's coupled to a pair of Juniper
>> stacked switches upstream.  Ifconfig on the host does not show
>> flags=<COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING> for one of the interfaces:
>
> You've got bnx under agr.  I don't think bnx can set its MAC
> address to match that of the other members of the agr, which
> will cause trouble.  The changes to do so are probably quite
> simple, however.

Hm, so the MAC address of each member should be set to the MAC
address on the agr interface (which seems to be initialized to
the MAC address of one of the members -- the first?)?

Do you happen to know if any of the other BSDs can do agr+bnx?  I
see this kind of construct in the *_init() functions both in
FreeBSD and OpenBSD drivers have -- OpenBSD:

4765:        /* Load our MAC address. */
4766:        bcopy(sc->arpcom.ac_enaddr, sc->eaddr, ETHER_ADDR_LEN);
4767:        bnx_set_mac_addr(sc);

and FreeBSD:

7147            /* Load our MAC address. */
7148            bcopy(IF_LLADDR(sc->bce_ifp), sc->eaddr, ETHER_ADDR_LEN);
7149            bce_set_mac_addr(sc);

something our driver doesn't have.  However, I don't know if that
would change anything...  How does agr indicate "the address" to
be used by the members of an aggregate?

Regards,

- Håvard