Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 5 April 2014 00:21, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:
>> No, previous LiveCD projects are not useful as starting points.
>> In fact, LiveCD is wrong approach to the problem in the modern time.
>
> I think it could be a good opportunity to try out a new OS for people
> who don't want the aggravation of repartitioning, reinstalling,
> applying new filesystems, compiling for sources, etc.
>
> This is how I got started to Open Source 13 years ago. Actually my
> first exposure to Unix was Picobsd on a floppy disk.

I think Virtualbox images are the modern equivalent way to get
started. The main advantage over a USB live system is that you can
still use the host operating system to read the instructions while you
work out how to make it work. Virtualbox is available for most common
platforms, and is fairly simple to use. I think our images are getting
there.

Justin