NetBSD 6 and "vmcall" instructions

Hi All,

I am trying to get NetBSD running on my own small hypervisor which is almost
complete. The last step is to get the network card working with DMA space.

In my own micro kernel, I have a working implementation (let’s call it a VTD
Hack … nowhere near a full VTD implementation).

Anyway, I am trying to trap back from the NetBSD kernel into my hypervisor.
That’s being done by

asm volatile(“vmcall”);

For some odd reason, BSD “refuses” to trap back though. My hypervisor does not
gain execution control via the above line. Maybe I am missing a piece here.

Did anybody try vmcall instructions in NetBSD so far?

Thanks for any input!

Cheers,
Martin