GENERIC_TINY and diskless operation error

Hi All,

I am currently trying to bring BSD up in a custom hypervisor. I am using its
multi boot compliance to start it up. It seems to work fine. I get to the point
where I can select my root device, dump device and file system. It successfully
detects my E1000 card as wm0.

Now I select ‘none’ as dump device and NFS as file system.

I am being prompted with

root on wm0
cannot mount root, error = 49

I tried the kernel inside a NetBSD virtual box (I tried the GENERIC kernel in
here successfully) and I get the same error.

There must be something wrong with the configuration of the kernel.

My questions is: Did anybody successfully boot the GENERIC_TINY kernel over the
network?
Anybody have a recommendation here?

Thanks,
Martin