Re: High memory usage with www/firefox and www/seamonkey on amd64

<martin%duskware.de@localhost> >wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:51:48AM +0100, haad wrote:
>>> There is always
>>>
>>> about:memory
>>>
>>> command which can show you amount of used memory.
>>
>> Unfortunately not all parts of that display deliver good values on NetBSD.
>> IIUC we would need to update to a newer jemalloc and/or make some parts
>> internal to that available as public symbols.

I tried to build seamonkey or firefox with mozilla-jemalloc option
without sucess.
I wanted to try with the built-in jemalloc, for see it is better
integrated and reduce usage of memory.

>I'm used to high memory and CPU leakage form Firefox. I have halved
>both values since uninstalling the flash plugin. Actually I have no
>plugins now.

I also disabled the flash plugin in the past(in preferences, I didn't
uninstall it). I didn't obtain big gains on memory use.

Now I am writing this mail from a  Windows XP, with 61 tabs. Task
manager reports 771 KBytes after of 2-3 days since Seamonkey was
started. The growth seems more slower to me that in my NetBSD system.