Re: High memory usage with www/firefox and www/seamonkey on amd64

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 01:59:49AM +0100, Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> I am having high usage of memory with firefox and seamonkey from a
> year ago (or more), with different PKG2013QX(s) (may be also
> pkgsr2012QX) using NetBSD 6.1 on amd64.
>
> The memory used (rss column) uses to be more of 2G with +50 tabs

On i386 I can see up to 1Gb, with probably less tabs than you gave.

> ¿Is this the usual behavior? A friend of mine with Linux/amd64 says it
> takes to him 300-500 Mbytes of memory.

displaying the same tabs ?

In fact I suspect firefox may have a memory leak somewhere ...
Either that, or it's using memory for cache, and does a bad job
at scaling it.