Re: Trying to boot from USB pendrive image on a netbook

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 09:09:05PM -0200, Michel Behr wrote:

> # dd if=netbsd.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4K
>
> I'm trying to use the instructions from here:
> http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_install_netbsd_from_an_usb_memory_stick/

But you didn't follow them... you want the install image not the ISO.
Have you tried with the install image as shown in the tutorial?

> I'm pretty sure I'm missing something when trying to write the image with
> dd, probably the "zero" part... any hints?

Zeroing the memory stick should not be necessary, you are going to
overwrite the start of the device anyway and that is the important bit.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com