Re: Downloading NetBSD - Too complicated ?

The number of messages in this thread is probably 50% of NetBSD's
current problem.

Imagine a talented teenager coming to the website, which isn't bad but
it isn't great either. They don't find the download very quickly. They
see threads like this, if they even find it. Then think, "Why bother?
I'll stick with X."

I'm pretty sure if the web admin made a slick 1 or 2 click process to
download and iso based on browser settings (with a link to override of
course) without asking anyone if it's OK, nobody would complain.

If there was a good FAQ list on the download page with answers to "Why
doesn't uefi work?" or "How do I get a graphical desktop?", it could
be that the same new users might be motivated to help work on these
things.

It only takes a handful of new people with time to contribute to make
a meaningful difference to the project.

Andy