lpd/samba printing with usb

Hi,

I am using lpd instead of cups to provide a shared printer to some windows clients, and the result isn't as great with an USB (ulpt0) as with parallel (lpa0) printer. The method I used implies that lpd uses a raw printcap entry and that the clients use the windows drivers which are delivered by samba, which I published there (http://pbraun.nethence.com/unix/print/samba-bsd.html). Considering there is no need for drivers on the server side (as long all the clients are samba ones, which won't be the case ultimately, but let's keep things simple), should I use an alternate method with an USB printer or can I just proceed as if it was a parallel one by sending the output to the device directly?

Versions used,
NetBSD 6.1 (GENERIC) amd64
samba-3.6.15nb1

Here's the dmesg for that printer,

ulpt0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1
ulpt0: Samsung SCX-4200 Series, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

Here's the printcap entry I use,
scx4200|lp|Samsung SCX-4200 Series:\
 :sh:lp=/dev/ulpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/scx4200:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
 :ff:

Here's the samba part I use (also see the link below),
        security = user
        guest account = nobody
        load printers = yes
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        force printername = yes

[printers]
        comment = Printers
        printable = yes
        browseable = yes
        public = yes
        read only = yes
        use client driver = no
        path = /var/spool/samba

[print$]
        comment = Printer drivers
        browseable = yes
        public = yes
        read only = yes
        write list = root
        printer admin = root
        inherit permissions = yes
        path = /var/samba/drivers

When I try to print a job from a windows client, with the printer configured and looking good, the printer spins on however nothing happens, the jobs stays in the queue (saying it is still printing), no page comes out and there is no log in /var/log/lpd-errs. I can also see the waiting jobs with lpq from the lpd and samba server,

# lpq
scx4200 is ready and printing
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
active root       2    smbprn.03018a                         1567 bytes
1st    elge       3    smbprn.00515a                         1583 bytes

Should I dig into LPD or into Samba? What do you think is wrong and preventing the job to be acknowledged by the printer?

Thank you

Pierre-Philipp