Re: NetBSD remains stagnant as Charles Hannum said?

> NetBSD is Not dead,
>   eg NetBSD's urtwn wlan driver was adopted by FreeBSD but Net
>   has newer code than Free, last I looked 1 or 2 months back.
>   Long may *BSDs (& Linux etc) thrive & co-operate :-)

> Cheers,
> Julian

> Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com

Good point.  Although NetBSD struggles to be compatible with my hardware, and I
wouldn't expect to build a really productive system as I might with FreeBSD or
Linux, I see enough changes that I never said NetBSD was stagnant.

I see possibly useful source code in NetBSD, and OpenBSD too, such as athn(4)
and re(4) drivers, with a view to porting to FreeBSD.

Even though OpenBSD is incompatible with my hardware for lack of GPT and USB
3.0 support, I could download the current src tree to compare to FreeBSD and
NetBSD, even if I don't have the platform to compile it and don't want to do
all the heavy work on USB sticks.

FreeBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD have re(4) driver, but they don't connect
with the Ethernet on MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard, while NetBSD and Linux are
successful.

Tom