Re: Little problem with local time.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 03:00:09PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> If I manually set the BIOS to the correct time, when I boot again the
> clock goes to GMT+2.

Windows expects the hardware clock (rtc) to run at the configured local
time, while unix systems tradditionaly set it to UTC and deal with all
offsets themselves.

Easiest way out is to have NetBSD use rtc at localtime as well:
just set

        rtclocaltime=YES

in /etc/rc.conf. This has a few small downsides (time will jump after boot
during execution of the rc.d scripts, so the init process may have strange
clock values in top output) - but nothing really serious.

Martin