Re: some keys not seen in xev(1) when pressed in combination with both Alt_L and Alt_R

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 08:05:42PM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 05:09:27PM +0100, Michai Ramakers wrote:
> >
> > Thank you, that made things very clear. Following that spec, it is
> > also true that 4-key combinations (ShiftL + AltL + CtrlL + letterkey
> > for instance) are not guaranteed to work (consistently) accross
> > keyboards either, is that right?
> >

> If you get the right keyboard you may be able to do what you want.  I
> think that a high end "gamer" keyboard that advertises "n-key rollover"
> would.  I have one of these keyboards:

Wow.  I thought that n-key rollover was standard behavior since the
1980s!

I thought that you could count on every keyboard to generate "key
up" and "key down" events on every press/release of every key, with
occasional exceptions (e.g., some implementations of "lock" keys are
odd).  Any other events or flags (e.g., indications of the modifier keys
held down) were just a bit of "icing".  I also thought that you could
could dependable press/release events even if you held 10 keys at a
time, since we have 10 fingers....

Is there a "raw" mode for these keyboards that activates n-key rollover?

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung%pobox.com@localhost    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981