Re: some keys not seen in xev(1) when pressed in combination with both Alt_L and Alt_R

On 26 December 2013 14:53, Jonathan A. Kollasch
<jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 01:35:12PM +0100, Michai Ramakers wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know an explanation for this behaviour? The reason I would
>> like to use both Alt-keys simultaneously, is that I can assign those
>> particular combinations to the window manager, leaving Alt+letterkey
>> combinations available for applications.
>
> The "Multiple Key Operation Requirements" section of the "Keyboard Scan
> Code Specification" (from Microsoft) does not require that 3-key
> combinations involving LALT and RALT work.

Thank you, that made things very clear. Following that spec, it is
also true that 4-key combinations (ShiftL + AltL + CtrlL + letterkey
for instance) are not guaranteed to work (consistently) accross
keyboards either, is that right?

Michai