Re: wpi0: fatal firmware error

BTW, I took the time to try out the i386 port of NetBSD 6.1.2 on the
same machine, oddly enough, the wifi card works just fine. Apparently
firmware loading for the 3945abg wifi card is only problematic on the
amd64 port.
I wonder why though.

On 11/06/2013 07:32, Dave B wrote:> On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 04:38:35AM
+0100, B?la wrote:
>>> Are the firmware files really installed where they are expected to be?
>>> The path is either "/usr/pkg/libdata/firmware/if_wpi" or
>>> "/usr/pkg/libdata/if_wpi", the latter being where the package
>>> effectively installs the files. See also the output of "sysctl
>>> hw.firmware.path" to confirm.
>>
>> sysctl hw.firmware.path outputs: hw.firmware.path =

/libdata/firmware:/usr/libdata/firmware:/usr/pkg/libdata/firmware:/usr/pkg/libdata