Re: How to boot installed system from a usb disk? (Warning: newbie)

On 5 November 2013 23:28, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> The live-image of course can be used as a
> rescue system (frankly speaking, I've never had the need of one so
> far).

Thanks for your insight Chavdar, and on top of what you've said I've
finally found the missing bit of info I needed:
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-misc.html#chap-misc-bootmanager

See, I expected to find this bit well within the installation chapter.
That means I'll have to re-study the guide.

I'll then proceed to install from usb and we'll take it from there.
I'm also reading the Freebsd install guide which is quite similar,
probably a bit better structured.

--
Ottavio