Re: Stupid question about startup script.

ASV <asv%inhio.eu@localhost> writes:

> I've a stupid question: I've used pkgsrc for the first time and after
> compiling and installing everything (successfully) I see that startup
> scripts of the installed services are somehow "stuck" into
>
> /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d
>
> which looks a bit odd to me.
> As in FBSD all the installed ones would go to /usr/local/etc/rc.d I'm
> asking if the place where those scripts are now
>
> /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d
>
> is where they're supposed to be or I should manually copy/link them
> on /etc/rc.d ???

In theory the pkgsrc guide explains this, but I'm not sure it actually
does.   See pkgsrc/doc/*.

The short answer is that by default the rc.d scripts are treatd as
examples.  If you want to enable something, you can copy it to
/etc/rc.d, where all the startup scripts live.

Or, you can tell pkgsrc to install a copy for every package that has an
rc.d script by putting the following in /etc/mk.conf

PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=                YES