Re: ndis(wrapper) status on NetBSD?

> In article <E9.80.15942.1D377625@cdptpa-oedge02>,
> Thomas Mueller <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:
> >What is the current status of ndis (urndis, ndiswrapper) on NetBSD?

> Prolly broken.

> >What architectures, if any, can it be used on?  i386? amd64? others?

> I think it was ported for x86_64 from FreeBSD to NetBSD. I am not sure
> if FreeBSD has it for both. We seem to have it only for amd64 (since
> there is an MI file for it in the wrong place :-)

> >Does it work on USB wifi adapters?  PCI or PCIE Ethernet or wifi?

> Any adapters is my guess since it is written on the M$ network adapter
> API IIRC.

> >I read the man page for urndis and enabled it in kernel config, but
> >man page is unclear on how to use it.

> I have not tried it recently so it could be that it is bit-rotted. What
> driver/card are you trying to use?

> christos

I might want to use ndiswrapper on Hiro H50191 USB-stick wifi adapter,
chipset RTL8191SU.

Otherwise, I can use regular Ethernet Realtek 8111E.

MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard also has onboard Atheros AR9271 wifi.

I believe device athn supports this chip.

I have never so far set up wifi and now have to do this without the benefit of
a graphic interface.

Tom