Re: ndis(wrapper) status on NetBSD?

In article <E9.80.15942.1D377625@cdptpa-oedge02>,
Thomas Mueller <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:
>What is the current status of ndis (urndis, ndiswrapper) on NetBSD?

Prolly broken.

>What architectures, if any, can it be used on?  i386? amd64? others?

I think it was ported for x86_64 from FreeBSD to NetBSD. I am not sure
if FreeBSD has it for both. We seem to have it only for amd64 (since
there is an MI file for it in the wrong place :-)

>Does it work on USB wifi adapters?  PCI or PCIE Ethernet or wifi?

Any adapters is my guess since it is written on the M$ network adapter
API IIRC.

>I read the man page for urndis and enabled it in kernel config, but
>man page is unclear on how to use it.

I have not tried it recently so it could be that it is bit-rotted. What
driver/card are you trying to use?

christos