Re: UDF and sector size

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 05:14:51PM +0200, rudolf wrote:
> tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> >Has anybody any info/experience about that, and about sharing UDF
> >between NetBSD and others?
>
> I have a bad experience using UDF under NetBSD - PR kern/44751. There
> are also other open PRs about UDF. YMMV.

Thanks for the information. Someone else asked me about ntfs-3g which I
discarded at first because the information found spoke about write
problems. But it seems to be related to journaling, and to be
correctable, in case of problems, by mounting the disk on Windows to
let the NTFS original driver correct things.

So I think I will go with FUSE and ntfs-3g first. And if there are many
problems, fallback to UDF (there are some features that are not
implemented and that may affect optical RW; and if I have to go for
UDF, I will format under NetBSD---this sets the UDF supported version
for the filesystem too---and verify only that Windows manage to
read---so read/write for NetBSD, read for others, this may be simpler
and circumvent the problems you reported).

Regards,
                      http://www.kergis.com/
              http://www.renaissance-francaise.fr/