NetBSD 6.1.2 world fails to build with LDSTATIC="-static" because of incorrectly linked libpam.a

And i'm not familiar enough with building system to fix that by myself.
Error messages by ld:
"""
/usr/src/obj/destdir.amd64/usr/lib/libpam.a(openpam_static_modules.o): In
function `login_access'
(.text+0x297f): undefined reference to `rad_strerror'
/usr/src/obj/destdir.amd64/usr/lib/libpam.a(openpam_static_modules.o): In
function `login_access'
(.text+0x299d): undefined reference to `rad_close'
[... a lot more of such ...]

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

*** Failed target: sshd
"""

That happens with all programs that link to libpam.
Also, libpam itself fails to build with MKPIC explicitly set to yes, but that
was easy to fix just by commenting it out.

There is actually a lot more stuff that fails to build with my configs, forcing
me to adjust them, but failure to produce .so, .a, with system which is
statically linked - is a major problem.