Re: samba-bsd printing

Solved.  I had to force empty FormField to the printcap entry,

raw|raw printer:\

- it is also good to use the lpa device instead of lpt,
- ah ok the samba path for printer should point to a world-writable folder with sticky bit. So /var/tmp should be just fine.

What about the local and non-windows clients printing? I was using apsfilter at the time, which is a wrapper against a2ps and sends it to ghostscript, as I understand it. There was also David Parsons's Magicfilter fork. Could ghostscript be used more directly today or does it still needs those kind of filters? Non-cups users, are there updates on this?