Re: libXinerama.so.2 - where to find this one?

    From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> [130611 21:46]
    On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 06:01:40PM +0200, herbert langhans wrote:
    > Ok - now I tried to make a symlink from the existing libXinerama.so.1 to
    > the supposed-to-be libXinerama.so.2 - and then the existing libXi.so.6
    > to libXi.so.7 and so on.
    >
    > It's the XPCOMGlueLoad error - but what package supposed to contain the
    > XPCOMGlueLoad-whatever files??
    >
    > XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/pkg/lib/seamonkey/libxpcom.so:
    > Shared object "libXi.so.7" not found
    > Couldn't load XPCOM.
    > ocelot$ seamonkey
    > XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/pkg/lib/seamonkey/libxpcom.so:
    > Shared object "libXcursor.so.2" not found
    > Couldn't load XPCOM.
    > ocelot$ seamonkey
    > XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/pkg/lib/seamonkey/libxpcom.so:
    > Shared object "libXcomposite.so.2" not found
    > Couldn't load XPCOM.

    Looks like you have serious packages mismatch.
    What NetBSD version are you running, and from where did you download
    the packages ?

Hi Manuel,
yep, there was some problem with the gtk2+ package from ftp.NetBSD.org (I
use the 5.1 binaries). After endless searching I found out that the same
package (same version) from nyftp.NetBSD.org worked well.

Recently I see that some of the binaries are missing or inconsistent on
different NetBSD mirrors. I guess the maintainers go more toward 6.1
now. For example I miss a working seamonkey package since compiling
fails too. But at least I have been able to get all the other programs
and go with the firefox browser now.

I wonder how newcomers do with the package download - though it is
technically well built, it may be confusing to get some basic stuff
installed. Some general standards and a clear documentation would
probably attract new users.

herb langhans