Re: Free Pascal 2.6.2 package for NetBSD?

Tim R writes:
- Greetings all, new here.
-
- I was looking around for a NetBSD package for Free Pascal 2.6.2
- but to no avail.
-
- I was able to download a NetBSD build from the Free Pascal repository.
- No issues so far. I was just wondering if anyone is looking into making a
- NetBSD pkgsrc package of Free Pascal? If not would it be a big "production"
- for me to do it? I am new to xBSD and haven't really looked into the ins
- and outs of pkgsrc yet. I have worked with many Linux flavors though so I
- pretty much know my way around the fundamentals.

I'd recommend asking questions about the packaging system in
pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost, or perhaps tech-pkg%netbsd.org@localhost.

That said, I'd strongly recommend joining the pkgsrc-wip
project on sourceforge, and doing your experimentation there.
Once you're happy there, one of the developer members of
pkgsrc-wip will get it into the appropriate portion of pkgsrc
proper..

Enjoy and good luck!

(and I may beat you too it, I've always enjoyed playing with
pascal... :D)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com