Re: Automatic mirror selection.

Dmitriy Tochansky wrote:
> Is there any mechanism to choose mirror automaticly from list?

I don't know.
I've often wondered similar for FreeBSD sites too,
maybe this is something we could share among the BSDs ?

It should be possible to knock up a script that would generate a
sensible default at least some of the time, to spread the load away
from central servers, eg

I see my
& nslookup
so in my case defaults of
would be good.
If a script couldnt calculate a match, before giving up & returning the root, it could also try a
        ping -c 1 using the 2 letter country sub domain, in case it had been
created since the script was last updated.

Maybe a student (or anyway with some time) might like to write it ?

Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".
 Send plain text.  No quoted-printable, HTML, base64, multipart/alternative.