Re: Status of NetBSD 6.1_RC3?

from my last message:

> What is the status of NetBSD 6.1 RC3?  I see references to RC3 in some
> messages, but not on
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/ .

> I noticed on nyftp.netbsd.org that there was a build of 6.1_RC3, but don't
> know what was the final verdict.

> I update the source by cvs and notice reference to RC3 in a CHANGES file, but
> being in the source tree does not mean accepted for release or release
> candidacy.

> Tom

David Lord responded:

> I last updated netbsd-6 on April 17, 2013.

> $ uname -v
> NetBSD 6.1_RC3

NetBSD 6.1_RC3 is not on ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/

nor on the NetBSD blog, so I was guessing that it was deemed not ready.

NetBSD has an awful hard time on my Intel Sandy Bridge system, in contrast to
FreeBSD, so I thought I might wait, maybe try HEAD.

I have netbsd-5, netbsd-6 and netbsd-HEAD for both i386 and amd64 installed on
separate USB sticks.

netbsd-5 is on 5.2 now, and i don't intend to keep going as much with netbsd-5
as with 6 and HEAD.

FreeBSD and Linux figure to take much time away from NetBSD with me.

Update: I see on nyftp.netbsd.org that they are now on NetBSD 6.1_RC4, so far
15 successful builds including amd64, one failure (alpha); i386 hasn't been
reached yet.

Maybe 6.1_RC3 wasn't "released", recalling the debate over whether NetBSD 5.1.1
was ever "released".

Tom