Re: DDC

Sorry for missing subject.

 >> I've attached two Xorg.0.log produced by different
 >> graphics cards. It seems to me something is wrong with DDC/EDID. Any ideas?

> To work around the failing DDC, maybe you can use an explicit setting for the
> frequency ranges that your monitor supports in your xorg.conf file. See
> "MONITOR SECTION" in xorg.conf(5).  Something like

> Section "Monitor"
>         DisplaySize      380   300     # mm
>         Identifier   "Monitor0"
>         VendorName   "TAR"
>         ModelName    "ry LCD 19-3"
>         HorizSync    30.0 - 83.0
>         VertRefresh  50.0 - 76.0
>         Option      "DPMS"
> EndSection

Frequency ranges themselves didn't help but I solved the problem already
by specifying Modeline which was generated by cvt(1). Thanks anyway.

Now my Monitor section in xorg.conf looks like this

   Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        Modeline "1920x1080"  173.00  1920 2048 2248 2576  1080 1083 1088 1120
-hsync +vsync
        VendorName   "Dell"
        ModelName    "Dell U2312HM"
        HorizSync    30 - 83
        VertRefresh  56 - 76
        Option      "DPMS"
   EndSection

Do you have any idea why DDC may fail? I tried Linux live-cd and it
worked just fine.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.