Re: whitelisting with spamd

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, James K. Lowden wrote:

> The problem is that the whitelist /etc/pf/whitelist.txt is never
> updated.  The spamd man page says the whitelist should
> be /var/db/spamd, but that file doesn't exist:

I think the term is used in two different contexts. As far as I
understand, the :white:  file is not written to by spamd.

As for why you don't have a /var/db/spamd, I don't know. What happens
when you run "spamdb"?

$ /usr/pkg/sbin/spamdb | grep  ^WHITE | wc -l
    1778

$ file /var/db/spamd
/var/db/spamd: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

Maybe your spamd/spamdb software was built with a custom PATH_SPAMD_DB
(Do you have a custom VARBASE and installed using pkgsrc?)

$ strings /usr/pkg/sbin/spamdb  | grep /
/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
/usr/pkg/lib
u/G9
/var/db/spamd