Re: NPF documentation

Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> This configuration results in an error.
>
> # npfctl reload
> /etc/npf.conf:5:1: invalid parameter 'npflog0' near '}'
>
> So I suspected that npflog might be not ready.
> I tried commenting out three lines of procedure "log".
> Then again...
>
> # npfctl reload
> npfctl: ioctl: Invalid argument

Did you run modload npf_ext_log and npf_ext_normalise?  Also, for the
logging - ifconfig npflog0 create.  In the latest -current, the relevant
modules will be loaded and logging interface created automatically.
I will consider backporting this functionality to NetBSD 6.x branch.

Also, is it a fresh install or upgrade from 6.0?  If the latter, please
make sure that you have updated all components - not only the kernel and
npfctl, but also libnpf and other libraries.

--
Mindaugas