Re: lang/openjdk7 build problems

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 08:49:40AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> >> Works for me on NetBSD 6.0_STABLE i386:
> >
> > Is 6.0_STABLE different from 6.0?
>
> 6.0_STABLE is what shows up in uname for systems built from netbsd-6
> after the 6.0 release tag and before any 6.1{beta,rc} tags.  So it is
> only slightly different (should be strictly better), and identifies
> slightly differently.   And it's the same identifier for a set of
> systems, so in tricky cases the cvs source date can be relevant.

Is there any chance a utility like /bin/tar would have changed between 6.0
and 6.0_STABLE (tar relates with error message during openjdk7 build)? (Or
how do I find out the answer. I don't build base from sources myself.)

Secondly, on ftp server I see 6.0 and 6.0.1 only. My installation was
downloaded from 6.0 at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/ . If indeed, there
is a problem with tar on my system, what do I download now that will have
6.0_STABLE. (I might as well download 6.0.1, though still trying to come
to terms with difference between 6.0 and 6.0_STABLE - particularly for
binary downloads from above server.)

Mayuresh.