Re: question about paritions/disklabel

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:17:57AM +0100, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Yes, but what is strange to me is that in this case the number refers
> to the upper limit of the available partitions )16), while in the
> following case:
>
> 7 partitions:

Ah, sorry, you are right: the 7 is the number of partitions in the label.
You can change it (e.g. by: disklabel -e wd0) and increase it, upto the
architecture specific maximum.

I think sysinst nowadays defaults to set it to the maximum supported number,
but in older releases did set it to last used one (or vice versa).

Martin