Re: NetBSD Next Logical Step: Microkernel...?

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 5:11, Martin wrote:

> >From my perspective it just seem that moving to the microkernel design
> would be and probably has been the next logical move. But maybe i am
> wrong which is why i have posted this...

I generally like the microkernel idea too.  NetBSD is based on a
different model though, and I suppose people interested in contributing
to the project are the ones that think that what is already in place is,
basically, what a decent operating system should be using; and are
unlikely to want major revolutionary changes.

There's always Minix, they've been importing a lot of NetBSD code lately
it seems.  I've been meaning to try it out more seriously..

Magnus