Re: Xen Dom0 vs. DomU disk I/O

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Stephan <stephanwib%googlemail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Well, when I set up a vnd device backed by a sparse file on ffs and create
> another ffs filesystem on it, I barely see any speed loss on it (80 -
> 90MB/s). There are also many other hypervisors operating on plain files.
>
> Either way, I have to reinstall my box with another slice for my testing.
>
> It would be nice if anyone could provide some data from a NetBSD dom0
> instead of a Linux one.

With a 6.0_STABLE from early november on a sata disk dd'ing 1G:

On the dom-0:
to a file on ffs: 93M/s.
to a raw partition: 96M/s.

On the dom-u:
to a file on ffs: 28M/s.
to raw partition: 97M/s.

When writing to the dom-0's file system I get 64k / transfer, for
the dom-u it's only 32k.

kind regards
dieter